Client Engagement Agreement
Our goal is to provide excellent wealth management and financial planning by building meaningful, trusting relationships with our clients. We believe the secret to any successful relationship is to have clear expectations from the start. Before we begin working together, we ask that you review our firm’s principles, what you can expect from us, and what we expect from you as our client.
The Principles of Mardin Capital Group:
- Financial Planning and Wealth Management are ongoing, all-encompassing processes involving: goal‐setting, cash flow planning, risk management, investment management, asset protection, healthcare planning, tax planning, and estate planning.
- Good communication is critical for a mutually beneficial relationship.
- We employ a systematic approach to achieve thoroughness and efficiency in providing comprehensive wealth management and financial planning services.
- A robust plan requires a time commitment from you as well as from us.
- We believe in a disciplined investment approach based on long term strategic asset allocation. We do not try to time the market.
- We enjoy working with great people who appreciate the true value of our services.
- Our fees are based on the complexity of your needs.
- We believe that every day finances and wealth management are for the whole family to engage in and discuss together. When we work with families, we think it’s necessary that both partners/spouses be present in meetings and both have a space to express their concerns, ask questions, and make decisions.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- We look at all aspects of your life to create an ongoing financial plan that fits your goals, values, and resources.
- We assist you throughout the process, doing most of the “heavy lifting” to implement your plan. Once the plan is in place, we work with you to monitor and update your plan regularly to make sure that all aspects stay relevant.
- We keep all your information confidential, safe and secure. Our client portals and office systems employ advanced security features and protocols to protect your data. We share information only as needed, and with your permission, with attorneys, accountants, and other professionals with whom you may be working.
- We strive to return all phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
- We have regular meetings to keep you up to date with your plan. We review your accounts and plan with you at least once a year.
- We are flexible in our methods of communication to make meeting participation convenient for you.
- We follow best interest standards and we are proud to serve in a fiduciary capacity for you. We love what we do and take pride in our work.
- We work as a team here at Mardin Capital Group. Financial Planning and Wealth Management are collaborative processes and everyone on the team will work with you on your plan.
- We value transparent and honest conversations about finances, and we feel that formal business attire changes the atmosphere from a two-way, honest conversation to a one-sided lecture from a professional. You can expect that we will be dressed professionally, but you won’t find us in suits and ties.
What We Expect from You:You are willing to participate in the Wealth Management and Financial Planning processes as described above on a continuing basis. I understand that each part of the process is interdependent and requires information and participation from me.
You are willing to work with Mardin Capital Group to establish responsibilities for implementing the plan. I understand that if I act without your input or knowledge, this may affect your ability to provide appropriate advice.
You agree to be responsive to emails and phone calls within a reasonable period of time. Many financial planning and wealth management issues are time sensitive.
You agree to provide requested data and documents in a timely fashion.
You understand that Mardin Capital Group only accepts clients that agree with their investment philosophy. We believe diversification is the key to sound investing, and we want to work with clients that appreciate this approach.
You understand that Mardin Capital Group will only provide advice on investments selected through their research.
You understand that you are responsible for reporting potential errors or inconsistencies to Mardin Capital Groupas soon as they are discovered. We do our best to minimize errors and correct all errors to the best of our ability.
You agree that our relationship needs to be reevaluated if we ever stop enjoying or respecting one another. We are committed to living our lives from a place of joy and kindness, and hope to have long‐lasting, healthy relationships with all of our clients.
You understand that fees are due on a quarterly basis and are deducted from your account or paid directly by you.
You understand that, while not a requirement, it would be beneficial for yourself and Mardin Capital Group if all of your assets were managed by Mardin Capital Group. We can only be as involved as you allow us to be, and if you are unsure about moving assets initially, we hope that you will be open to discussions about how your situation specifically may benefit from having everything in one place.
(If applicable) You understand that the involvement of your spouse/partner is important to the financial planning process and agree to make every effort to schedule meetings when we can both be present.
Securities and Advisory services offered through LPL Financial, a registered investment advisor. Member FINRA & SIPC. Mardin Capital Group, LLC is a separate entity from LPL Financial.
(603) 766-4700 Mardin Capital Group mardincapitalgroup.com